Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Inconsistency of Emotion

For my entire life I've been trying to learn how to control my emotional state and emotional response to circumstance and my environment. Along the way, I have experienced many things and gained some control, but I have learned mostly that intense emotions transcend most people's ability to change them. How does one who is in a euphoric state maintain it? How does one in a depressed state break out? These are all things that I never quite figured out on a whole. Emotions are sometimes so unstable while other times the complete opposite. They change for seemingly small things. This is all probably linked to my innate personality and brain chemistry to begin with, but I expect many people have trouble maintaining an emotional edge. I'm a fairly emotionally charged individual which has struggled throughout a lot of my life figuring out how to reduce the negative emotions and sustain the nicer emotions. Some things, like self-esteem, can be worked on to improve the emotional state of most life. But these tasks sometimes work in ways not completely expected. Its hard to predict emotions and control them. The method of focusing on self-esteem to regulate emotion is probably the latest development in my palette of life tools. I'll be honest though, I'm still working on trying to figure it all out. If I come up with any better ideas, I suppose I'll post them here though. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment