Thursday, September 5, 2013

clams.

Today, I was strolling by a seafood shop the entire perimeter of which was adorned with clam shells piled on the ground. There were probably thousands, it was like a clam graveyard. Impulsively, I thought that was pretty metal. Why don't butcher shops or burger places decorate their premises with a plethora of animal skulls and the like? It occurred to me that with PETA and Food, Inc. around (among other such influences), one rarely sees any intentional public displays that highlight the carnivorous nature of our species. As of now, I am still reluctantly ambivalent on the matter, since, admittedly, our eating habits can be somewhat gruesome at the core. I would just contend that perhaps they needn't arouse as much shame or contempt as they do in some people and institutions (not to discredit the aforementioned).

No comments:

Post a Comment