Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The 10 week AutoDidactic Challenge

So, its been quite while since I posted anything here and I figured I've give an update on my plans in the next ensuing weeks. Basically the plan as of now is to prepare for December 15th, or the first day of my Winter Break.  I have 7 weeks and 4 days until this day arrives and I plan on using every last second of it. Here is the list of books I plan to have finished reading by the end of these 7 weeks.
This list factors in parts of books I've already read which is why some book page number counts are so much lower.

Books:
Essential Guide to Flash Games: 520
AdvancED ActionScript 3.0 Animation: 440
AdvancED Game Design with Flash: 740
Game Design AS3: 40
Game Design Workshop: 450
ActionScript 3.0 animation: 100

total pages = 2290

These books were all picked by myself based on the customized education I want before I start mass producing indie games with Flash AS3.

Based on the amount I must read plus the amount of time I have available I have figured that I basically have to read 44 pages a day to reach my goal from one of these books(excluding the school responsibilities I already have and whatnot). I figure what I really need to do is push my programming skills as hard as I can to improve up until December 17th so I can embark on the REAL crazy challenge. Let me tell you the challenge during winter break now then.

So basically during the 3 weeks I have off I'm going to write a piece of music everyday and release it on a website called newgrounds. I will be making 3 video games, one for each week I have off, as well and also posting them on NewGrounds. During the next 10 weeks I'm going to occasionally post about my endeavor and its challenges and the experience as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment