Tuesday, May 27, 2014

New Social Practice Theory

I need to socialize very little. I need to be prepared before every instance of socialization. I need to focus intensely on altering and controlling myself 200% of the time which means shortening my interactions. I say this because the longer you go on with something the more likely you are to lose focus and slip into bad habits. Its funny because I thought that the main answer for my problem was actually subjecting myself to lots of socialization. Au contraire though, I don't need to socialize more, I need to consistently socialize differently.

Emotional regulation is something I'm going to try and do 100% of the time now. The first step to this is really just observance, getting in the habit of knowing where you are emotionally at any given point of time. This goes hand and hand with the thought regulation I've been doing recently also. The idea is to try and intrinsically orient your emotions so that the external stimuls around you affects you the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment