Friday, November 1, 2013

Music One Big Puzzle?

So I'm reading this book about game design and I came across this section that talks about puzzles. After reading this section about puzzles I realized a lot about my favorite things in life. They are puzzles! Basically I love puzzles and I sort of try to think of everything in terms puzzles. Most of my life I've been rearranging the problems around me into different puzzles. This is why I love listening and writing music soo much. I see music as a puzzling creative process that requires a well incorporated combination of many different things. These things are inherently linked to uncovering underlying processes and laws that govern music. Despite music's inherent subjectivity I still enjoy seeing what sort of things I can create and how! The only problem with me is that I assume depth to be in everything which leads to me over thinking some problems. Hopefully my partner will post some more about music!
Edit:
I was wrong depth pervades all of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment